I'm not sure now if there is a problem with using @msu.edu as a backup email address. I definitely have it and I can still sign in with the gmail account. Several coworkers have it and haven't gotten notices. One says he called AIS and they said this is NOT affecting the "backup email address" feature.

I can also sign in to google docs with my MSU address separately (it correctly forces me over to a Sentinel/D6501 login).

Guess we'll find out for sure soon enough!

Carl Bussema III
Information Technologist
Michigan State University Outreach & Engagement
Phone: (517) 353-8977 • Fax: (517) 432-9541