From: Ryan M. Finn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 11:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Getting a Blackberry to talk to Exchange 2010?

BESX is free, period.  The only hitch with using the express version is that you have to tether the phone to set it up (it can't push the service books OTA).  We use it here in Residential and Hospitality Services because we ran into the same problem: we don't have enough Blackberry users to justify the cost of just about anything else.  That said, our division head (an assistant vice president) has a Blackberry, so doing nothing wasn't an option.

FYI, the RIM documentation for BESX is just flat out wrong in several spots.  We encountered at least two instances where there were typos in powershell commands.  If anyone decides to attempt this, forums are your friends.

Ryan M. Finn
Network Administrator
Michigan State University