Hello,

Please consider submitting an abstract to the GSA technical session T165. Geoscience for All: Strategies for Effectively Teaching a Broad Student Population: Lessons Learned from Two-Year Colleges and Other Open-Door and Diverse Institutions” convened by Bob Blodgett Joy Branlund and myself.  If you have ideas about how to reach the wide range of students that we get, this is the place to share your experiences.  What ways do you support underprepared students?  How do you use the diversity of students to your classes’ advantage?  Have you found a creative way to engage students from different cultural or other backgrounds?  How do you differentiate your instruction to student needs? Of course, these are simply some ideas.  If you have something to share, please submit an abstract.  The deadline is July 26, 2011.   It is going to be a great session and we want YOU to be a part of it!

So please consider what effective techniques you use to teach to a broad student population and submit an abstract to session T165!

Information about the meeting and how to submit an abstract is available at the GSA website: http://www.geosociety.org/meetings/2011/ .

-Eric Baer

Highline Community College