   As you return  from the July 4th holiday, Ann Bykerk-Kauffman and
myself would like to encourage submissions to our session (T178) on
teaching earth science content to preservice elementary teachers. The
session info and abstract are listed below. We envision this session as
a forum for discussing the different strategies that we use in our
courses as well as barriers or frustrations that we have encountered.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

-Kyle Gray

T178. *Reaching the Next Generation: Tales of Successful Strategies and
Frustrating Challenges from Teaching Earth-Science Courses For
Pre-Service Elementary Teachers*
/GSA Geoscience Education Division; National Association of Geoscience
Teachers/
Kyle Gray, Ann Bykerk-Kauffman
    Content courses specifically designed for pre-service elementary
    teachers often present unique challenges for instructors. This
    session includes effective course designs, lessons, methodologies,
    and research findings on factors that improve student learning
    within this context.