   As you return  from the July 4th holiday, Ann Bykerk-Kauffman and myself would like to encourage submissions to our session (T178) on teaching earth science content to preservice elementary teachers. The session info and abstract are listed below. We envision this session as a forum for discussing the different strategies that we use in our courses as well as barriers or frustrations that we have encountered. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

-Kyle Gray

T178. Reaching the Next Generation: Tales of Successful Strategies and Frustrating Challenges from Teaching Earth-Science Courses For Pre-Service Elementary Teachers
GSA Geoscience Education Division; National Association of Geoscience Teachers
Kyle Gray, Ann Bykerk-Kauffman
Content courses specifically designed for pre-service elementary teachers often present unique challenges for instructors. This session includes effective course designs, lessons, methodologies, and research findings on factors that improve student learning within this context.