Mary Ann,
   My email was a call for presentations th this Fall's Annual meeting of the Geological Society of America in Minneapolis, MN (Oct 9-12). Here is a link for the GSA website. Abstracts are due by July 26th and you are typically notified late August/early Sept of the day and time of the talk. Talks are 12 minutes long with 3 minutes for questions. GSA allows people to register for just one day if that's all they can attend.

http://www.geosociety.org/meetings/2011/

If you can't make it, I may still might be in contact with you. I am working on a couple of project ideas, so right now I am building a list of people who teach these types of classes.

   Thanks for responding back.
-Kyle

PS.
   I don't know if you have realized this yet, but when you hit 'Reply" to a list-serv posting, your response goes to EVERYONE on the list, not just to the sender. I've done it before with some personal info that I didn't want to be widely distributed. :)

Mary Ann Mutrux wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Dear Kyle and others in List Serve,

  I teach Earth Science for Elementary Educators at Missouri State University - West Plains.  I am an adjunct instructor who has taught the class for 3 of the past 5 years.  I will be teaching this class next year and for some time in the foreseeable future.  I have taught Earth Science and General Science for 26 years in two rural public school districts in the Missouri Ozarks.  I have had a few students both in grade 8 and college!  I have found some successful strategies and I have had many frustrations!  I wish that I could attend your session, but I don't have any travel accounts available as an adjunct.
  I will gladly write up a short summary of my successes and frustrations.  Is their a certain format that you desire?  Is a first person summary of my experiences acceptable?  When is the due date?
  Lastly, I would really like to have some sort of summary from your workshop.  Will this be possible?  I am basically on my own with this class.  I am glad to find out that I am not alone in my "world."

  Respectfully,
  Mary Ann Mutrux