Dear AIB Member or friend

Those of you who were at the AIB business meeting in our recent
conference in Nagoya will know that we were awaiting the release of the
latest annual round of journal citation impact factors.

I'm very pleased to now be able to let you know that in these latest
Thomson Reuters 2010 Journal Citation Reports (JCR) which were released
just after the AIB conference had ended, JIBS is now ranked as one of
the top 3 journals in the Business category in terms of its Citation
Impact Factor. This ranking of 3rd place is an all-time high for JIBS.

For your interest, the top 10 journals in the Business list are:

1	ACAD MANAGE REV
2	ACAD MANAGE J
3	J INT BUS STUD
4	J BUS ECON MANAG
5	J MANAGE STUD
6	J MARKETING
7	J MANAGE
8	ADMIN SCI QUART
9	STRATEGIC MANAGE J
10	J ACAD MARKET SCI

We believe that this is a remarkable achievement for our AIB journal.
This consolidates the top 10 rating that we have held throughout the
past 3 years. Much credit must go to our recent JIBS editors, Lorraine
Eden and Arie Lewin, and to the editorial teams that have served the
journal most recently, all of whom have laid the foundations for this
accomplishment.

In the Management category, JIBS is ranked in 8th place; in that
category for comparison, Org Science is 11th, ASQ is 13th, and the SMJ
is 14th.

I hope that in your school JIBS is already recognized as a top tier 'A'
journal. However, if this is not the case, then now may be a good time
to raise this issue again. It is now very difficult to see how any
objective observer would any longer exclude JIBS from a listing of the
top rated category of peer reviewed journals in the field of Business.

John Cantwell
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of International Business Studies

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.