Marketing Position at Sophia University

The Faculty of Liberal Arts, Sophia University, invites applications for
an open-rank   position in marketing. The candidate is expected to have
a portfolio of research accomplishments, teaching experience, and a Ph.D.
 in marketing or a closely related field in hand at the time of
appointment. The language of instruction is English, but competence in
the Japanese language is desirable. In addition to teaching in the
undergraduate program, the successful applicant is expected to teach and
supervise in the International Business and Development Studies M.A.
program. The normal teaching load is two to three courses per semester.
The appointment will be effective from April 1, 2012 or September 21,
2012.

Sophia University, a Catholic university founded by the Society of Jesus,
 is located in central Tokyo, and is one of Japan’s leading private
universities. The Faculty of Liberal Arts (formerly the Faculty of
Comparative Culture) offers a comprehensive program in the humanities,
international business and economics, and social studies taught by over
40 full-time faculty members and a similar number of adjunct instructors.
 In addition to our degree students, we regularly welcome about 350
exchange students from leading universities overseas. We also staff the
Graduate Program in Global Studies, which offers degrees in Japanese
Studies, Global Studies, and International Business and Development
Studies.

Applications should include a cover letter explaining research area and
interests, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, the names and addresses of three
referees, and a brief description of courses the applicant will be
prepared to teach.  Applications should be postmarked by September 20,
2011 and addressed to:

    Professor Yoshitaka Okada, Dean
    Faculty of Liberal Arts
    Sophia University
    7-1, Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8554
    Japan

For further information, see our web-site at www.fla.sophia.ac.jp or
contact Professor Ozaki at [log in to unmask]

**********************

Dr. Parissa Haghirian
Associate Professor of International Management
Sophia University
7-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 102-8554, Japan
Phone (direct): 0081-3-3238-4038
Office phone (Secretary): 0081-3-3238-4004
Office fax: 0081-3-3238-4076
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Homepage: http://www.parissahaghirian.com
J-Management Podcasts: http://parissahaghirian.com/category/podcasts/