Over the past few months, I have seen a number of instances of machines getting infected with variants of this Fake Alert bug. It has happened to several users in the office; but I have also seen it on friend's machines as well. Some users were running XP, others were on Windows 7.Some had admin rights, others didn't. It's gotten past Nod32, VIPRE, and Security Essentials. Bottom line is, I have no idea what to do to keep this bloody thing out! Are others having similar problems? If so, why hasn't there been more of a general outcry to the AV companies? They all seem to be virtually useless when it comes to this sort of attack. If AV isn't the answer, then what is?
Totally frustrated,
Al