Gary,

To allow the two staff persons here that are on Win 7 + IE9 work with EBS we enabled the "Compatibility Mode".  This forces IE9 to pretend to be IE7 and allows the EBS system to work.

See Method 1 on this page for the pictures on how to set this up:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

I agree with you about the lack of support for newer browsers, the Angel/Blackboard system has the same limitation.

--
Troy Murray
Michigan State University