I've not followed the general discussion of this as closely as I should
have
in the past, so apologies if this has been brought up before, but --

EBS should abolish browser version checking completely.

The users will figure out what doesn't work very quickly, and I daresay
we could have discussions here about what to avoid.

I say this because earlier, I found I couldn't do things in EBS from my
laptop.  Why? Because I run OpenBSD for all my machines.  The version
check in EBS didn't match what I presented in firefox, so I got a notice
that I had an incompatible browser.

The logic of demanding specific browsers is flawed.  It if doesn't work,
the user community will soon find out.

--STeve Andre'