Moderator Note:  Please do not hit reply, but send your responses to [log in to unmask]

-----

Senior professor, on sabbatical leave during 2011-2012, seeks advice and also invites any offer of collaboration on the following topic: Analysis of National and Global Markets for Select Industrial Goods and Service. In an era of budgetary constraints, am planning to investigate benefits of a possible merger of official statistics and private sector data. Will be looking at the holdings of several Western national statistical bureaus (e.g. USDC) and international agencies such as OECD, Eurostat, etc. and reports from such private firms as Datamonitor, IBIS, and EIU, etc. The four specific categories I propose to look at (subject to change) are: water pollution control equipment; mining machinery; engineering services; waste remediation services. Will look also at harmonization issues, namely how submissions from various countries are merged at international agencies. The goal is to have a more sound and reliable assessment of global markets for B to B goods and services. While much of my work will be via libraries, the Internet and e-mail exchanges, I did get travel grants from my home university and one major institute to interview officials. For my recent work on the topic, look at various issues of Business Economics, the flagship journal of NABE.

Andy

Andrew C. Gross, Ph.D., P.E., P.Eng.
Professor of Marketing and International Business
College of Business Administration
Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Avenue, BU 453
Cleveland, Ohio 44115 USA