Dear Colleagues

First, I want to apologize for any cross-postings.

We are conducting a meta-analysis related to Black, Mendenhall & Oddou’s
(1991) framework of international adjustment. We have performed a
comprehensive search of the published literature and are now seeking
other unpublished papers that cover the relationship between
anticipatory/pre-assignment or in-country variables and the degree of
expatriates' adjustment during international assignments.

Specifically, the kinds of independent variables we are tracking include
different measures of anticipatory/pre-assignment adjustment (e.g., on
an individual level: cross-cultural training or previous experience; on
the organizational level: selection mechanisms and criteria) and
in-country adjustment (e.g., on an individual level: self-efficacy,
relation skills, perception skills; on the job-level: role
clarity/discretion/novelty/conflict; on the organizational level:
organizational culture novelty, social support, logistical help,
socializations tactics, socialization content; non-work influences:
culture novelty, family/spouse adjustment).

The dependent variables are the three dimensions of adjustment: work,
interaction and cultural/general.

If you have an unpublished study in press, in manuscript form, or in
progress, we would be very grateful to hear about it, you can send them
via e-mail to [log in to unmask] Of course, your work would
also be included or cited in our eventual paper.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best wishes,
Stefan

--
Dr. Stefan Volk