Colleagues,

This is to announce that the RFP’s for the three Competitive Grants (4-S, MICUP, and MHED) have been loaded onto the KCP web site at http://kcp.michiganops.net .

We encourage you to review and begin consideration of applying for a KCP Competitive Grant.  The RFP meeting will be held at the Michigan State Library, 702 West Kalamazoo Street, Lansing on Wednesday, May 4th beginning at 9:00 a.m.  Directions are attached.  Print out and bring copies of the RFP in which you might be interested as copies WILL NOT be provided at the meeting.

The deadline for receipt of your electronic proposals on the web site is 4:00 p.m., Wednesday June 15, 2011.  No late applications will be accepted.

For those of you who have not already notified KCP, please let us know by May 3rd who will be attending the RFP meeting from your institution.

We will be taking written questions regarding the RFP’s at the May 4th meeting.  I am including a reference to the updated list of questions we received in preparation for the last Competitive Grants RFP’s.  You might wish to review this Q&A section on the web site since it may answer some of your questions prior to the meeting.

To go to the RFP’s:

Go to http://KCP.Michiganops.net  (Welcome page for KCP Initiative)

Click on Competitive Grants (MICUP, 4S, MHED).   This is the KCP Competitive Grants Welcome site.

Click on KCP-CG Help Page on lower left side of screen.

This will deliver you to the DRAFT KCP-Competitive Grants RFP’s for 4-S, MICUP, and MHED.

Before getting started, review Tutorial 14 “Getting Started” below the RFP’s.

To go to the Frequently Asked Questions (Q&A) section:

Go to Competitive Grants web site Click on Competitive Grants (MICUP, 4S, MHED).   This is the KCP Competitive Grants Welcome site.

Click on KCP-CG Help Page on lower left side of screen.

This will deliver you to the FAQ section.  (Immediately above the DRAFT KCP-Competitive Grants RFP’s for 4-S, MICUP, and MHED.)

Once again, at the meeting on May 4th we will be asking for volunteers to serve as reviewers on Proposal Evaluation Teams who will be scoring all the applications.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday.

With best wishes.

==Patrick==

Patrick Melia, PhD

Higher Education Consultant