Dear members of the AIB list,

research into the “Diversity of capitalism” originally focused on the theoretical and empirical examination of the European and U.S. experiences. This mini-conference will bring Asia into the forefront of the theoretical and empirical discussion of the “Diversity of capitalism” approach and propose the very existence of an “Asian” model of capitalism.

The mini conference will discuss the Asian experience in three parts: (1) Asia in the diversity of capitalism, diversity of capitalism in Asia, (2) Understanding institutional change in Japan and other Asian countries and (3) Innovation and institutions in Asia. Confirmed discussants are David Soskice, Steve Casper and Gregory Jackson.

Together with my co-organizer Sebastien Lechevalier (EHESS), I would be pleased to see you at the SASE conference in Madrid. For further details, please see the attachment.

With best wishes,

Cornelia Storz

Dr. Cornelia Storz
Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
Goethe-University

Grüneburgplatz 1 (RuW-Gebäude R. 4241)
D-60323 Frankfurt am Main

Tel.: +49-69-798-34811 / -34809