Dear Colleagues:

Below please find an ad for an Operations Management position with a global supply chain focus, with a 2012 start date. We are also looking for a visiting scholar in this area for Fall of 2011.  Please contact me directly about the visiting position and to set up a meeting at AIB in Nagoya if interested.

Thanks,
_______________________________________
Saul Klein
Lansdowne Professor of International Business,
Director of Executive Programs,
Peter B. Gustavson School of Business,
University of Victoria
www.gustavson.uvic.ca/executive/<http://www.business.uvic.ca/executive/>

tel. (250) 721-6420
fax (250) 721-6067
_______________________________________
The world looks different from here.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA-The Peter B. Gustavson School of Business invites applications from talented scholars looking to fill a tenure track position at the Assistant/Associate Professor level in the area of Operations Management.

Scholarship and teaching at the Gustavson School are both strongly aligned around our four pillars: we seek to deliver a way of understanding business that is international, integrative, innovative and sustainable. In keeping with this focus, we are particularly interested in hearing from scholars with a research and/or teaching interest in the international aspect of Operations, and those who have the ability to teach global supply chain management.

Applicants for this position should have earned a PhD, have a record of teaching and research that is commensurate with their experience and be able to make a contribution to our new PhD program. Our interest is in attracting highly motivated researchers capable of publishing in top research journals to add to our already vibrant research community. Our emphasis on experiential teaching includes a mandatory co-op program for all students, international exchanges, and overseas co-op work opportunities. In line with this approach, a candidate's business experience would be highly valued.

The University of Victoria is a medium-sized public institution, recognized nationally as one of the best comprehensive universities in Canada. The Peter B. Gustavson School of Business is one of the few North American schools that are accredited by both the European Federation of Management Development (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). As well as having the university's strong research and teaching community, Victoria offers an active cultural scene and easy access to all types of outdoor activities, and we enjoy a very moderate west coast climate. Victoria is ranked number two on Canada's Best Places to Live 2011 survey produced by MoneySense Magazine.

Please send a letter of application with curriculum vitae, appropriate evidence of research and teaching skill, and three references to: Dr. Ali Dastmalchian, Dean, Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria, PO Box 1700, STN CSC, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2, telephone: (250) 721-6068, fax: (250) 721-6613, e-mail: [log in to unmask], website: www.business.uvic.ca<http://www.business.uvic.ca>.

The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the university. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Consideration of applications will begin on December 1, 2011. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Representatives from the Gustavson School will be available to meet interested candidates at the AIB and AOM meetings this summer and Decision Sciences in November.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.