The only obvious principle here is that the true issue is never the
obvious one.  :-)

I'm not that familiar with the Web Credit or CASHNet services.  Are you
connecting to an on-campus service, or is this strictly off campus?  Are
you able to try other Web services, either on campus or off, and do you
see the same types of delays?  What does a speed test (e.g. speedtest.net)
show?

My initial inclination is to think that this might be a timeout of some
sort, rather than slow network itself.  And perhaps the issue is with
the client computer, rather than the firewall.  A DNS setting pointing
to an unreachable server can generate these symptoms, for instance.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Architect	 |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Technology Services	 |  Ph: (517) 353-2980