The Environment Report-Update on the oil spill conditions in the Kalamazoo River.  For those interested in hearing an update on the Kalamazoo oil river spill, that occurred over 9 months ago. Listen this morning (8:55) or tonight (5:45)  on Michigan Radio, NPR  Today and again on Thursday.
April 11, 2011

This Week on The Environment Report...

We're bringing you a two-part series looking at the aftermath of the estimated 843,000 gallon oil spill in the Kalamazoo River. It's been nearly nine months since last July's spill, but the work is far from done.

On Tuesday, we'll visit a contaminated site on the Kalamazoo River. We'll hear why the EPA's Deputy Incident Commander thinks the nature of the oil is making the cleanup more challenging...and why the EPA is preparing for more frequent oil spills in our region.

On Thursday, we'll hear from people who have been directly affected by the oil spill and why they're worried about possible long term health effects from the spill.

Listen to The Environment Report with Rebecca Williams, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:55 am and 5:45 pm, on Michigan Radio.
[log in to unmask]">Edit Your Profile or Unsubscribe
If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html