I recall about 20 years ago there was a BIG holiday parade in Washington DC.

The Marine Band was in the parade.  The Marines !  People were lined up all along the parade route.  Along came bad weather and along with many, many other organizations that were also in the parade the Marine Band canceled.  The Marines !

I’m not sure if it was the typical talking-head outcry on TV or what but there was a bit of a public outcry and admonishment that The Marines ! would not march in a parade for fear of getting wet.

Maybe it was because at the time there was the larger approval of letting women serve in the military, and maybe there were too many women in the band that worried about getting wet.  Maybe not.

A Marine is a woman is a Marine !          A Senator is a woman is a Senator !

When is it that “delayed” paychecks due to a government shutdown means that aides and assistants and Senators are no longer getting paid for their services ?

It is the job of an elected Representative to “operate” the government and to see to its good function, not to STOP operating the government and NOT to stop speaking and serving constituents because the government “might” shutdown.  You are still being paid, just through your own lack of deliberations, you and the assistants and a few million government employees “might” get paid late.

You appear to be A Marine ! in a Washington DC parade expecting rain.

Stop canceling your obligations because of “might” issues.

I apologize to The Marines !  It was probably a Senatorial aide somewhere that canceled the parade.  True Marines don’t care that much about parades.  True Marines don’t worry that much about a little rain.

Now how do we apply that same concept to elected representatives who should not worry if their pay is delayed 15 or 30 days ?  And the weather today is supposed to be beautiful.  Perfect day for a Farm Bill Ag Hearing in East Lansing I’m sure.

Mike

Date: Thursday, April 7, 2011, 9:12 AM

A government shutdown is looming.  Nobody voted for anyone within the last 30 years to permit a government shut down.  A government shutdown is inherently unConstitutional.  Thus, when elected U.S. representatives, elected to “operate” the government, intentionally “manipulate” a shutdown, they have chosen unConstitutionally to not operate the government.  The are quickly eligible for impeachment – one and all of the 537 or so of them.

A U.S. government shutdown has occurred once before.  I think that one was arranged by the Republicans about 10 or 20 years ago.  This current one is apparently being arranged by the Democrats and/or the Tea Party Republicans, or both.  The last one was ugly.

This concept and act is unConstitutional.  It violates the oath of office taken.  This is a serious violation because it is simply not in the interests of the People nor the Nation nor our Military forces who defend us from our enemies to go without pay and thus put food on their family’s tables.  Congress is taking money out of the mouths of millions of people who have either qualified for benefits or who actually work for the Government.

If the Government should shut down, I call upon the Governor of each state to take action.  Our elected representatives would no longer be true to their oath to the Constitution thus in violation of said oath.  All properties of said elected Representatives are to be confiscated and their citizenship of this State is to be revoked.  Thus having revoked properties and revoked citizenship these previously elected representatives have no standing to represent this State.  The Governor shall then call a Special Election.

There is no declared emergency for any branch of the government to be able to influence a shutdown of the People’s Government.

So let it be written.  So let it be done.

Organic Vision N A

Mike Pratt

Tel / Fax:  864-278-0249

Cell:    734-780-6700

“If you wouldn’t spray it in your mouth, why spray it on your food ?”  M.B.F. (2007)