From: Michael Koob <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:52:03 -0400
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [oeffadirect] Pastured Poultry Equipment for Sale - Beech Meadow Farm Discontinuing Poultry Production

Hello Fellow OEFFA Members,

I wanted to advise the list that Beech Meadow Farm has Pastured Poultry production equipment available for sale. We will not be producing pastured poultry in the future and have most of the equipment required to setup a new producer with the capacity to produce 300 bird batches on about a 4-5 week pasture rotation. This equipment is available just in time to avoid building those pasture pens that you just don't have the time to do this spring!

Here's what we have for sale:

This is an excellent opportunity for someone to get into the business for relatively little work on constructing equipment and obtain the necessary materials. We successfully produced 1200 chickens and 100 Turkeys using this equipment in 2010. Ideally we would like someone who would purchase this as a package and would provide the best deal for that, but we're certainly open to purchase of individual items or groups of items as well. Preference will be given to the purchase of the largest group of items.

We are asking $2400 for the whole package (not including misc items) OBO. That's only a bit more than 50% of the gross sales from one cycle at full capacity (300, 4.25 lb whole chickens we sold @ $3.75lb)!

Here are some recent photos of the equipment taken at the farm:

http://www.beechmeadow.com/brochure/poultry_equipment_hq.pdf

It could take a few minutes to download (1.5MB) if you've got a slow connection. If you've got any questions please don't hesitate to contact me:

Mobile - 614-598-9112
Email - [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Kind Regards,

Michael Koob
Beech Meadow Farm

_______________________________________________ Oeffaco_oeffadirect mailing list [log in to unmask] http://www.oeffa.org/mailman/listinfo/oeffaco_oeffadirect OEFFA maintains this mailing list as a service to our members and the broader community. Views expressed on this list do not necessarily reflect the views of OEFFA's membership, Board of Trustees, or Staff.
If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html