Colleagues, please consider this upcoming conference in Lagos, Nigeria as an outlet for your work on international corporate social responsibility/performance and sustainable economic development.

CALL FOR PAPERS

Theme: CSR for Sustainable Economic Development

Please see the website for more details:  http://www.csrinsubsahara.org/

Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has attracted enormous interest in the corporate world. There have been several studies on CSR, most of which have been focused on CSR practices in the developed economies. The 2011 Conference on CSR in Sub-Saharan Africa will highlight pertinent issues on CSR in the sub-Saharan Africa, drawing from lessons learned from studies conducted in the developed economies, among many others. The conference will be held at the Four Points by Sheraton, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos on December 12-14, 2011. The main theme of the conference is “CSR for Sustainable Economic Development”. The conference will host both academic and practitioner sessions, which will create opportunities for knowledge sharing between academics and practitioners. The sessions will also provide an avenue for networking, promotion of CSR good practices and cutting-edge ideas.

We invite you to contribute papers on any of the topics related to the following tracks:

Track 1: Research on CSR

We encourage you to submit papers reflecting your research in corporate social responsibility and related topics. Papers with practical applications are encouraged. Papers addressing any relevant topic within the broad theme of the conference, but not limited to the following are welcome:

§  CSR in the Entertainment Industry

§  CSR in Education

§  CSR in Information & Technology

§  CSR and Culture

§  Anti-corruption through CSR

§  Legal Issues on CSR

§  Poverty alleviation through CSR

§  MNCs and CSR

§  CSR in International Business

§  CSR and climate change

§  Ethics and Corporate Governance

§  Social Enterprise

§  CSR and Environmental Stewardship

§  Humanitarian Supply Chain

§  Sustainable Business Strategies

§  Social Entrepreneurship through CSR

Track 2: Teaching and Instruction on CSR

§  CSR in Strategy & International Business

§  CSR in Accounting & Finance

§  CSR in Marketing and Management

§  CSR in Human Resources Management

§  CSR in Operations Management

§  Social Entrepreneurship through CSR

Track 3: Industry Best Practices
We also welcome papers that offer best practice applications of CSR and explore the link  between CSR practices and sustainable business performance in the following areas:

§  Alleviation of poverty through CSR

§  Alleviation of corruption through CSR

§  Effects of CSR on company performance

Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list. We want all types of papers – conceptual, reviews as well as different kinds of empirical studies. In particular we encourage authors to submit papers contributing to theory development based on in-depth case studies.

Accepted papers will be included in the 2011 International Conference on CSR in Sub-Saharan Africa Conference Proceedings, and the authors will have an opportunity to present their papers at the conference. Please, submit completed papers on MS Word with single line spacing electronically through the conference website at www.csrinsubsahara.org along with the name and address of the author and contact information.