This was fowarded from the New Ag Network

From: NewAg [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New Ag Network - GMO contamination webinar TODAY

Hello,

We are sharing the following information which may be of interest to New Ag Network readers:

Reminder: GMO Contamination Webinar Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Registration is still open for a webinar on GMO Contamination: What's an Organic Farmer to Do? The webinar will take place on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 2PM Eastern Time (1PM Central, 12PM Mountain, 11AM Pacific Time). The webinar is free and open to the public. Advance registration is required. Register now at:

http://www.extension.org/article/33163

About the webinar:
Genetically engineered corn, soy, canola, alfalfa, oh my! What should organic farmers do to minimize GMO contamination of their organic crops? Jim Riddle of the University of Minnesota, will share ideas to minimize genetic trespass during planning, planting, production, harvest, storage, and transport.

About the presenter:

Jim Riddle has worked for over 26 years as an organic farmer, inspector, author, policy analyst and educator. He was founding chair of the International Organic Inspectors Association, (IOIA), and co-author of the IFOAM/IOIA International Organic Inspection Manual. He has trained hundreds of organic inspectors throughout the world. Jim served on the Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s Organic Advisory Task Force from 1991-2009, and was instrumental in passage of Minnesota’s landmark organic certification cost-share program. Since January 2006, Jim has worked as the University of Minnesota’s Organic Outreach Coordinator. Jim is former chair of the USDA’s National Organic Standards Board, and is a leading voice for organic agriculture.

Check our webinar schedule for more webinars in March on Integrated Pest Management,  Local Food Systems, and Organic No-till at http://www.extension.org/article/25242.  If you were unable to attend our past presentations, you can watch them anytime on our archived webinar pages at http://www.extension.org/article/24989 . For articles and videos on organic farming, please visit the eOrganic home page at http://www.extension.org/organic_production.

Joy N. Landis

Editor and web services, New Agriculture Network

http://new-ag.msu.edu/