Begin forwarded message:

> From: John Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: March 10, 2011 5:18:48 PM GMT-05:00
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Postdocs at UMaine for Math-Science Partnership Project
> >

> Note: there are three postdocs that will be hired from this search;
> we expect they will complement each other and the project.
>
> --JT
>

> Postdoctoral Research and Teaching Associate
>
> Maine Center for Research in STEM Education
>
> The University of Maine
>
> Orono, Maine
>
> **
>
> The Maine Center for Research in STEM Education (RiSE Center) at the
> University of Maine seeks applicants for postdoctoral positions in
> physical sciences education research (chemistry, physics, Earth
> sciences).Candidates must have a Ph.D. in science, science
> education, or a closely related field; have a strong research record
> in discipline-based education research; and have demonstrated
> excellence in teaching.Preference will be given to applicants who
> have a record of successful work with middle or high school teachers
> and/or students, have evidence of collaborating well as part of a
> team, and possess an interdisciplinary background.The successful
> candidates will be part of a team of researchers, faculty, and
> teachers that comprise the Maine Physical Sciences Partnership, a
> newly funded initiative supported by the National Science
> Foundation’s Math and Science Partnership Program.This position
> provides opportunities for mentored teaching, outreach including
> teacher professional development and curriculum work, and all
> aspects of research.
>
> The positions are twelve-month appointments, with a flexible start
> date and possible renewal for a second year.Candidates should submit
> electronically a letter of application, curriculum vitae, summary of
> research accomplishments, statement of teaching philosophy, copies
> of up to three representative publications, undergraduate and
> graduate transcripts, and the names and addresses (including e-mail
> and phone) of at least three referees to [log in to unmask]
>  review will begin immediately and continue until the position is
> filled.For more information about the RiSE Center and the Maine
> Physical Sciences Partnership, please see http://www.umaine.edu/
> center and www.umaine.edu/mainepsp <http://www.umaine.edu/
> mainepsp>.Women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to
> apply. /The University of Maine is an Equal Opportunity /
> Affirmative Action Employer.
> /
>
> /
>
> /
>
> --
> ---------------------------------
> John R. Thompson
>
> Associate Professor
> Department of Physics and Astronomy
> The University of Maine
> Orono, Maine, USA
>
> email:  [log in to unmask]

> [...]

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Geoscience Education

Affiliations: Department of Geological Sciences, Division of Science
and Mathematics Education, Cognitive Science Program, Center for
Research on College Science Teaching and Learning