Count me in!  Sounds very interesting. I am in Minneapolis, teaching large
lectures to very diverse populations.  I have also been collecting data from
my students at the beginning of every semester, asking them why they are
taking this course and what their expectations are.  An overwhelming number
respond they are Elementary Education majors, are required to take a
physical science with lab, and think this is the easiest physical science
class. Hmmm.

Don't know if you can use these data, but am happy to share. Let me know.

Annia