The University of Saint Joseph in Macau (Special Administrative Region of China) is currently inviting applications from academics with a doctoral degree in Political Science. We are seeking a visiting lecturer for the period from 16th May to 10th June 2011 at the MBA level.

The University was established in Macau by the Catholic University of Portugal and the Diocese of Macau in 1996. USJ is organized into four main schools: Arts, Letters and Sciences; Management, Leadership and Government; Intelligent Systems and Technology; Christian Studies. Macau is a multicultural city and USJ reflects this characteristic. Our students, faculty members and staff represent many nations and ethnic groups. This environment gives students a sense of studying abroad while staying at home; stimulates knowledge exchanges and life experiences and prepares them to live in a diverse, global, and connected world.

Our medium of instruction is English and by statute, all degrees are jointly awarded by University of Saint Joseph (USJ) and by the Catholic University of Portugal (UCP), a leading Portuguese university with a respectable international reputation.

Our immediate requirements are for a course in Political Analysis and Markets to be taught over 40 hours from the middle of May 2011.

The short description for the course is -

POLITICAL ANALYSIS & MARKETS

This module discusses (1) managing globally by identifying major geopolitical driving forces; (2) political processes, patterns of public policy and the relationship between politics and business; (3) regional trading blocs and systems of regional integration; (4)  latent conflicts, peace and war and political instability, and (5) democracy, democratization and market capitalism.

There is flexibility in the content but we are looking for a practical perspective to bring the content together in a way that will encourage our students to better visualise Macau's place in the region and the geopolitical forces that are having a profound impact upon the emerging markets worldwide but with particular emphasis on this region and emerging markets.

Please direct your enquiries regarding terms and conditions to Leanda at the above email address.

--
Leanda Lee, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Management, Leadership and Government