Here's the name and email of Dell's outside Sales Rep.  He covers 3 schools and MSU is his biggest account.
He's interested in talking with anyone that has a problem with parts and warranty.

Patrick Hug

NV

Nancy Vanderwest
Contract Administrator
MSU Purchasing Det
PH  517-432-7255
FX  517-432-3455

>>> Kim Geiger <[log in to unmask]> 2/14/2011 2:24 PM >>>
>>> On 2/14/2011 at 11:35 AM, "Aldrich, Dak" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have a Dell Optiplex 320.  It is 6 months out of warranty.  Dell ONLY has
> this part available for warranty support.  Which means, I can get the
> motherboard, but they won't send it to me.  I have to pay a technician to
> come replace it.  HOW REDICULOUS IS THAT?  Not to mention it well over
> doubles the cost of the repair.
>
> Does anyone have an old one that I could buy off of them?  Or know of any
> place I might be able to get these types of parts without being bent over?
> Oh, by the way... the problem is...  duh duh duuuuuh.  2 bulging and one
> exploded capacitor.  Am I the only one that thinks that should be an
> automatic warranty extension these days?
>
> Thanks for any resources anyone might have.

I might have a 320.  I will check my stash if I get a minute this afternoon.

--
Kim Geiger
Information Technologist