FWIW, I've seen several of these in the last couple months too.  Still
no idea why.  I don't believe I've seen it on any xp machines myself,
but on a couple of our vista machines (and we don't have many of those),
and on a few win 7 machines.  Sometimes just logging off and back on
fixes it, but we've had to go in and mess with some of them.  (The vista
machines I ended up creating a new profile for after removing the old
one, those were a pain.)  It's been annoying, but not quite annoying
enough for me to spend a lot of time trying to figure out (just too much
else to do :) ).

Gary