On 02/14/11 11:35, Aldrich, Dak wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

I have a Dell Optiplex 320.  It is 6 months out of warranty.  Dell ONLY has this part available for warranty support.  Which means, I can get the motherboard, but they won’t send it to me.  I have to pay a technician to come replace it.  HOW REDICULOUS IS THAT?  Not to mention it well over doubles the cost of the repair.

Does anyone have an old one that I could buy off of them?  Or know of any place I might be able to get these types of parts without being bent over?  Oh, by the way… the problem is…  duh duh duuuuuh.  2 bulging and one exploded capacitor.  Am I the only one that thinks that should be an automatic warranty extension these days?

Thanks for any resources anyone might have.

-dak

Do they understand that they have a bad capacitor issue?  Even if its completely
different from the famous bad cap debacle of a few years ago, they ought to be
sensitive about that.

I would talk with the educational sales rep and let him (her?) know how unhappy
you are.

I'm calling, later this week to register my thoughts on getting the wrong parts
for a sick 755.  I asked for a new motherboard and video card, as it was freaking
out more and more often.  I got a motherboard, a power supply, and the front
panel usb / audio board that has the jacks which the user plugs stuff in to.
The Dell person took in excess of 30 minutes to get my order ready--it is clear
now that he didn't quite understand the parts system.

I think Dell is going seriously downhill.  I'm going to think very much before
ordering anything else from them.

--STeve Andre'