On 2/16/11 10:31 AM, Laurence Bates wrote:

> I am interested in the feedback that people are getting from faculty
> about using MSU's VPN access.  Are they satisfied with the ease of
> use, speed and reliability of VPN connections or is the protocol
> itself too much of an inconvenience?  I am also not sure whether VPN
> access is provided for Grad students.  Any insights?
>
> Laurence

http://techbase.msu.edu/article.asp?id=8068&service=techbase#s59343

The SSL VPN service is available without charge for all regular faculty,
staff, retirees, trustees, and graduate student users at MSU. The
service is also available upon request of the employing department for
on-call or student employees. The /employee's supervisor or another
administrator/ within the requesting unit must make the request by
filling out a SSL-VPN request form
<https://contact.cl.msu.edu/request.php?service=sslvpnrequest>.

--
Leo Sell