For Mac users wanting to map drives from off-campus to local or cloud based,
secure FTP file servers, Transmit software from panic.com appears to be one
of the best products but they apparently do not offer an academic license.
They do offer a curious sliding price scale that drops the price if we
purchase in bulk rather than individually.  Their pricing model is shown
below.  I expect that the College of Education will be purchasing as many as
104 licenses, which drops the price per unit from $34 to $22 but if other
units are interested in purchasing Transmit licenses soon then we may be
able to drop the price even further.

Transmit FTP - http://www.panic.com/transmit/

Transmit FTP Costs

Quantity