> NOW SEEKING NOMINATIONS – OUTSTANDING UNDERGRADUATE SCIENCE TEACHER
>
> **** 2012 OUSTA Award of the Society for College Science Teachers ****
>
> Nominations are now being sought for the 2011 Outstanding
> Undergraduate Science Teacher Award (OUSTA) granted by the Society
> for College Science Teachers (SCST), an affiliate of the National
> Science Teachers Association (NSTA). This year’s award is also co-
> sponsored by Springer Publishing.
>
> A nominee need not be a member of the SCST. Nominations may be made
> by colleagues or students and self-nominations are also encouraged!
>
> The purpose of the OUSTA is to recognize the achievements of our
> teaching colleagues who have enhanced the profession as outstanding
> teachers of science. This annual award is based upon a selection
> process that evaluates nominees according to the following ranked
> categories: 1) teaching excellence; 2) scholarship; and 3) service.
>
> For details regarding the nomination and application process, visit
> http://www.scst.org/SCST/Grants_%26_Awards.html .  The deadline for
> application materials is June 1, 2011.
>
> Please send names of potential nominee/applicants to
> [log in to unmask] . We will follow-up with everyone to provide
> further materials and details about the application process. We are
> also interested in hearing from you if you are considering self-
> nomination so that we can guide you through the process.
>
> Won’t you consider applying for this award and/or identifying your
> colleagues who are outstanding undergraduate science teachers so
> that they might be encouraged to apply for the 2012 OUSTA? The award
> includes a cash award, membership in SCST and NSTA, travel stipend
> to attend the next two year’s national conferences, and more.  The
> awardee will be responsible for delivering a brief luncheon talk
> about teaching at the NSTA/SCST conference in Year One and a lecture
> about a topic of their choosing in their own discipline in Year Two.
>
> Questions?  Email [log in to unmask]
>
> SCST Website:   http://scst.org/SCST/Welcome.html
>
> Claire Sandler
> 2012 OUSTA Committee Chair
> Society for College Science Teaching
> *************************************
> Director
> Science Learning Center
> University of Michigan
> 1720 Chemistry Building
> Ann Arbor, MI 48109
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to narst as: [log in to unmask]
> To unsubscribe click here: http://cts.dundee.net/u?id=143472892.8dc32f8f3a1be98f5fb45acd569f7eb9&n=T&l=narst&o=38402849
> or send a blank email to [log in to unmask]

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Geoscience Education

Affiliations: Department of Geological Sciences, Division of Science
and Mathematics Education, Cognitive Science Program, Center for
Research on College Science Teaching and Learning