Asia Pacific Journal of Management (APJM) is the official journal of the Asia Academy of Management, a regional affiliate of the Academy of Management. APJM would like to announce its first issue of 2011. It is a new special issue on corporate governance in Asia Pacific:

Special Issue: Managing corporate governance globally: An Asia Pacific perspective

Special Issue Editors: Steven Globerman, Mike W. Peng and Daniel M. Shapiro

Please see   www.springer.com/10490  or your library website for access to these articles and other select content. The table of contents of the current APJM special issue on corporate governance appear below in this email.

Regards,

--David Ahlstrom

Editor-in-Chief -- Asia Pacific Journal of Management

Asia Pacific Journal of Management

Volume 28 Number 1 March 2011

Special Issue: Managing corporate governance globally: An Asia Pacific perspective

Special Issue Editors: Steven Globerman, Mike W. Peng and Daniel M. Shapiro

EDITORIAL

Corporate governance and Asian companies

S. Globerman I M.W. Peng I D.M. Shapiro 1

PERSPECTIVES

Are family ownership and control in large firms good, bad, or irrelevant?

Y. Jiang I M.W. Peng 15

REGULAR PAPERS

The role of informal institutions in corporate governance: Brazil, Russia, India,

and China compared

S. Estrin I M. Prevezer 41

Multiple agency perspective, family control, and private information abuse in an emerging economy

I. Filatotchev I X. Zhang I J. Piesse 69

The effects of ownership concentration and corporate debt on corporate divestitures

in Chinese listed firms

J. Wu I D. Xu I P.H. Phan 95

Are OECD-prescribed "good corporate governance practices" really good in an emerging economy?

V.Z. Chen I J. Li I D.M. Shapiro 115

Effects of governance on investment decisions and perceptions of reporting credibility:

Investment experience of Taiwanese individual investors

R.-D. Chang I J.-T. Wei 139

Governance and capabilities: Asia's entrepreneurial performance and stock of venture forms

M. Wielemaker I E. Gedajlovic 157

REVIEWS

Adoption and policy implications of Japan's new corporate governance practices after the reform

M. Nakamura 187

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.