2011logo-header.pngAIB 2011 Annual Meeting

Junior Faculty Consortium
June 25, 2011 - Nagoya, Japan

Sponsored by Boeing Institute of International Business, Saint Louis University

Application Deadline: February 28, 2011 (extended)

The Academy of International Business is organizing a Junior Faculty Consortium, which will be held on Saturday, June 25, 2011 from 8:00 am to 4 pm.

All junior faculty active in research and teaching in international business are invited to participate, although preference will be given to those who have been involved in international business teaching and/or research for no more than three years.

The 2011 consortium is being organized by Srilata Zaheer (Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota). The consortium is being structured to provide lots of opportunities for interaction between junior faculty and senior scholars on the faculty panel, and among junior faculty present in a round table format. There will also be an opportunity for junior faculty to discuss their research programs or specific research projects, with other junior and senior faculty members in small groups. We are also fortunate to have James Mirrlees, 1996 Nobel Laureate in Economics, presenting on "What I thought when I was a doctoral student/junior faculty member," "How I developed my path-breaking ideas," and "What I did when I was stuck," which will be a great learning experience for all participants.

The faculty panel for the Junior Faculty Consortium includes several distinguished scholars from around the world (in alphabetical order):

Srilata Zaheer, University of Minnesota, USA (Chair)

Christian Asmussen, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark

Jay Barney, Ohio State University, USA

Susan Freeman, University of Adelaide, Australia

Klaus Meyer, University of Bath, UK

Tom Murtha, Michigan State University, USA

Cheryl Nakata, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA

Alan Rugman, University of Reading, UK

Jane Salk, University of Texas-Dallas, USA

Sushil Vachani, Boston University, USA

Tentative Program (subject to change)

Saturday, June 25, 2011

  8:00-8:15 Welcome and Introductions

 8:15-9:00 Round tables/Q&A on Teaching

  9:00-9:45 Round tables/Q&A on Career Issues

  9:45-10:00 Coffee Break

10:00-11:30 Round tables discuss junior faculty members’ research

11:30-12:30 Open forum/Q&A on Research and Publishing

12:30-13:30 Lunch

13:30-14:40 Meet with a Nobel Laureate (jointly with Doctoral Consortium)

14:40-15:00 Coffee Break

15:00-16:00 : Meet the Editors (jointly with Doctoral Consortium)

Submission Requirements:

Please note that space in the program is limited to guarantee the desired level of interaction and learning. To apply, please send an e-mail message (with “AIB Junior Faculty Consortium” in the subject line) to [log in to unmask], stating your interest in attending, by February 28, 2011. Please also include the following two documents in the message, for distribution to other participants:

1.	A one-page CV.

2.	A one-page description of your international business research program, or of a paper or project in process (which you would like input on).

Please attach these as two separate Microsoft Word documents, with your last name in the file title (e.g., ZaheerBio.doc and ZaheerResearch.doc).

Application for Travel Stipends

Due to the kind support of the Boeing Institute of International Business, Saint Louis University a small number of travel grants are available for participants in need of financial support to attend the consortium.

If you would like to apply for one of these travel stipends, please include a separate letter with your consortium application email, stating your request to be considered for a stipend. The letter should include the following information: an estimation of your travel costs including your city and country of departure, the name of your university, whether any travel funds are available from your university, whether you are currently an AIB member, and whether you have previously received a travel stipend from AIB.

NOTE: Separately, Junior Faculty Consortium attendees may also be eligible for Area Scholar Travel Stipends offered by the AIB Foundation. There is a separate application process for these. Information regarding the Area Scholar Travel Stipends can be found at the Travel Stipends <http://aib.msu.edu/events/2011/TravelStipends.asp>  page.

Please E-mail your application (with the subject line "AIB Junior Faculty Consortium") to:

Srilata Zaheer
Elmer L. Anderson Chair in Global Corporate Social Responsibility
Chair, AIB 2011 Junior Faculty Consortium
Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
Email: [log in to unmask]

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.