Alfred,

Did you install SP3 after installing Office 2003 on your Windows 7 machine? According to the site below only Outlook 2003 with SP3 is supported.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?type=Software&s=Outlook%202003

From: Al Puzzuoli [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Sent items not Updating in One Instance of Outlook?

So here's my latest head scratcher:
in the office, we are running Exchange 2010. All our work computers, mine included are running Outlook 2010. at home, I have a PC on which I  have been successfully using a copy of Outlook 2003 to connect to my work Exchange 2010 account.

All was well for months; but I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 on my home machine. Now for some reason, Outlook 2003 will no longer properly update my sent items folder. All other folders within my profile  seem to be fine. Sent items only shows 3 messages from a few months ago, and according to the status bar, Outlook thinks the folder is up to date. Sent items are updating properly both in OWA, and on several machines at work.
if I send mail from Outlook 2003, the message goes out fine, shows up in sent items in OWA, but nothing ever shows up in Outlook's sent items folder.  The truly mind boggling part of this is that I created a new profile on the Outlook 2003 machine, and got the exact same results.
Anyone ever seen anything like this before? The good thing is that at least as of now, I'm the only one having the problem, so at this point, it's more of a brain teaser than anything else.

--Al