On 01/20/11 15:33, Aldrich, Dak wrote:

> I have two HP LaserJet printers... one is a 4250.  They both have
> internal JetDirect cards...
>
> They have the same issue, though they are not related.  They're in
> different buildings with different user bases.
>
> Especially with PDF's, but with everything in general, it is now
> taking a LONG time to print.  It has to process a job for an obscene
> amount of time before it prints it.  Sometimes the job never does get
> to the printer.
>
> I can't seem to find much on this.  I'm thinking maybe the JetDirect
> cards are going bad?  Though I have no spares to even try with them.
>
> Has anyone ever run into this issue?  I just can't seem to get it
> printing quickly.  And it's across the board, no matter who prints to
> it, or when they print to it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -dak

Have you tried printing an older PDF?  Say, something generated with
PDFCreator or
an older Acrobat?  I've seen slow printing of PDFs too. but I haven't
yet dug into
this.  The other thing, which I also don't know much about, are issues
with the
print system in the printer.  These have hard disks and some form of OS
inside,
so I wonder if there is some kind of problem there, like a fragmented
disk or
something.

Lastly, have you turned it off to hard reboot it?  I did that once on my
8150 and
I think it had an effect.  In my case the 8150 didn't ever act slow
until it was
about 7 years old, so I am unsure of PDF changes or internal weirdness.

This is an excellent question.  I'm all ears on this.

--STeve Andre'
Political Science