Well, seeing that I have already broadcast it . . .

Geoscience educators:

The RESESS Internship Program is seeking applications from college sophomores or juniors who are from populations that are underrepresented in the geosciences, such as Black or African Americans, Hispanic Americans, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, or Alaskan Natives.  This NSF-funded program is based in Boulder, Colorado, and runs from May 22 to Aug. 6. The application deadline is Feb. 10th.

Each student has the opportunity to experience doing their own research on an Earth science project with mentors, encouragement, and help.  We cover travel, housing, a good salary, and provide a partial scholarship for the next academic year.  Research topics include geology, geoscience education, geophysics, seismology, glaciers, hydrology, petroleum geology, or a topic of importance to the student's community.  We try to match a student's interests with a relevant project.  Students also participate in a writing course with the help of a mentor, field trips, workshops, and activities with their peers.

The internship is hard work, but a lot of fun - really an amazing experience.   Students describe this opportunity as opening doors for them.

See more about last summer's program here, and come visit the RESESS home page.

Feel free to nominate students to me, and please pass this along to faculty and students who may be interested.

Thanks so much,

~ Val Sloan,
Program Director, RESESS Internship
303-517-3838 cell