Reminder: Special Issue of Journal of Geoscience Education
Manuscripts for the Journal of Geoscience Education (JGE) special issue on geoscience education and global development were due December 31, 2010. THIS DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JAN. 15, 2011 TO ACCOMMODATE AUTHORS. Please contact special issue associate editors for more information about the special issue (contact information below).
This special issue will focus on work being conducted globally in which geoscience education is a means to support human development goals, including universal access to education, elimination of poverty, gender equality, and environmental sustainability. Papers on the following topics would be welcome:
1. Descriptions of curricula, instructional strategies, or assessments designed for use in particular social, economic, or political contexts;
2. Studies of the use of information and communication technologies in under resourced
schools or communities;
3. Comparative research studies evaluating country performance in international tests such as PISA and TIMMs;
4. Descriptions of developing-developed world partnership models;
5. Methodologies for the study of geoscience teaching and learning in a developing world context;
6. Reports on understanding, awareness, and/or attitudes towards the geosciences;
7. Case studies of successful strategies for teaching geosciences in bi or multi lingual classrooms;
8. Theoretical papers that focus on the linkages between geosciences education and development.
Special Associate Editors
Sharon Locke, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa; [log in to unmask]
Letters of submission should state that the manuscript is intended for this special issue. Submissions must comply with JGE guidelines, available at: