Hi all-
Here's an opportunity out our way -- U Minn Rochester is focused on health sciences and has a very interesting curriculum.  Lots of opportunity in this newly established school.  Please pass this on to those who may be interested.

Cathy

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date: January 17, 2011 5:21:26 PM CST
> To: Cathy Manduca <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: position at UMR
>
> Dear Cathy,
>
> Here is the announcement for the director position I mentioned to you:
>
> The University of Minnesota Rochester is looking for a Director of the Center for Learning Innovation, which is the academic unit for the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (http://www.r.umn.edu/research/cli/index.htm). The University of Minnesota Rochester was established in 2006 and admitted its first freshmen in Fall 2009 into the B.S. in Health Sciences. The Center currently houses ten tenure track faculty and ten instructors across a variety of disciplines (http://www.r.umn.edu/research/cli/people/index.htm).
>
> We are looking for a senior faculty member at the rank of professor (tenured) to provide visionary leadership as the Director of the Center for Learning Innovation (CLI). The successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of an integrated curriculum for the B.S. in Health Sciences, foster the professional development of faculty and staff, and promote the development of a research program in learning. The Director is responsible for the annual performance evaluations of faculty and staff; the recommendation for continuing appointment, promotion and tenure; and faculty and staff workload assignments, and other duties as appropriate.
>
> For further details, please visit http://www.r.umn.edu/administration/employment/dIrectorcenterforlearninginnovation/index.htm.
>
> I would very much appreciate if you could share this announcement with individuals who might be interested in this position.
>
> Regards,
>
> Claudia
> --
> Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
> Director of the Center for Learning Innovation
> Director of Graduate Studies, Biomedical Informatics and Computational Biology
>
> HHMI and Distinguished McKnight University Professor
> Morse-Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor
>
> University of Minnesota Rochester
> 300 University Square
> 111 South Broadway                  VOICE 507-258-8006
> Rochester, MN 55904                 FAX 507-258-8004
>
> http://www.r.umn.edu/administration/leadership/vice-chancellor/index.htm

Cathryn A. Manduca
Director, Science Education Resource Center
Executive Director, National Association of Geoscience Teachers

Carleton College
1 N College Street
Northfield MN  55057
507 222 7096