Hi Folks,
Could you please circulate this to Earth and environmental science teachers you know?  It's for educators in the Southwest and Rocky Mountain States.  Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Don

HELP US DEVELOP EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE RESOURCES!

We welcome your application to participate in a professional development program that is focused on the Teacher-Friendly Guides to regional Earth Sciences and Virtual Fieldwork Experiences.  Funded by the National Science Foundation, the goal of the project is to produce curriculum supplements for seven regions of the United States, with work on the Southwestern (AZ, UT, CO, NM) and Rocky Mountain (ID, MT, ND, SD, WY, NE) regions beginning soon!

We are seeking enthusiastic educators from these two regions to meet with us before the actual development of the guides, serving as advisors during these initial stages.  The Advisory Panels will be held at the R. S. Dietz Museum of Geology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ on March 5, 2011 for the Southwestern Region; and the Museum of the Rockies, Bozeman, MT on April 9, 2011 for the Rocky Mountain Region.  For more information and to apply, please visit: http://virtualfieldwork.org/Advisory_Application.html.  Application deadline is February 1, 2011.

Christine Besemer Whitaker
Teacher Programs Coordinator

Paleontological Research Institution
and its Museum of the Earth
1259 Trumansburg Rd.
Ithaca, NY  14850

T: 607.273.6623 x27
F: 607.273.6620

On Exhibit at Museum of the Earth:
Science on the Half Shell: How and Why We Study Evolution
September 24, 2010 – February 20, 2011
With support from the National Science Foundation, Maxie's Supper Club and M&T Bank.

Mon. - Sat. 10 am - 5pm and Sun. 11 am - 5 pm.
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday (Labor Day - Memorial Day).

Visit us on the web at www.museumoftheearth.org

PRI and its Museum of the Earth are part of Ithaca's Discovery Trail.  Learn more at www.discoverytrail.com.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Don Duggan-Haas, Education Research Associate
Paleontological Research Institution and its Museum of the Earth
1259 Trumansburg Rd. Ithaca, NY 14850
P: 607-821-0910
Skype: dugganhaas
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
On Exhibit at Museum of the Earth:
Science on the Half Shell: How and Why We Study Evolution
September 24, 2010 - February 28, 2011

With support from the National Science Foundation,
M&T Bank, and Maxie's Supper Club.

Visit us on the web at www.museumoftheearth.org

PRI and its Museum of the Earth are part of Ithaca's Discovery Trail.  Learn more at www.discoverytrail.com.

Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of imagination.
John Dewey