Val - sounds great!

On Jan 12, 2011, at 3:25 PM, Val Sloan wrote:

> Hi Julie,
>
> Do you think I could post an opportunity for geoscience students on
> this listserv?  It is a summer internship dedicated to increasing
> the number of students from minority groups that are
> underrepresented in the geosciences, here in Boulder, CO.
> Opportunities include doing a project on geoscience education.
>
> Val
>
> ---~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Valerie Sloan, Ph.D.
> 303-381-7488 Office
> 303-517-3838 Cell
>
> On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Julie Libarkin wrote:
>
>> Reminder: Special Issue of Journal of Geoscience Education
>> Manuscripts for the Journal of Geoscience Education (JGE) special
>> issue on geoscience education and global development were due
>> December 31, 2010. THIS DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JAN. 15, 2011
>> TO ACCOMMODATE AUTHORS. Please contact special issue associate
>> editors for more information about the special issue (contact
>> information below).
>>
>> This special issue will focus on work being conducted globally in
>> which geoscience education is a means to support human development
>> goals, including universal access to education, elimination of
>> poverty, gender equality, and environmental sustainability.  Papers
>> on the following topics would be welcome:
>>
>> 1. Descriptions of curricula, instructional strategies, or
>> assessments designed for use in particular social, economic, or
>> political contexts;
>> 2. Studies of the use of information and communication technologies
>> in under resourced
>> schools or communities;
>> 3. Comparative research studies evaluating country performance in
>> international tests such as PISA and TIMMs;
>> 4. Descriptions of developing-developed world partnership models;
>> 5. Methodologies for the study of geoscience teaching and learning
>> in a developing world context;
>> 6. Reports on understanding, awareness, and/or attitudes towards
>> the geosciences;
>> 7. Case studies of successful strategies for teaching geosciences
>> in bi  or multi lingual classrooms;
>> 8. Theoretical papers that focus on the linkages between
>> geosciences education and development.
>>
>> Special Associate Editors
>> Sharon Locke, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and
>> University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa; [log in to unmask]
>> Chun Yen Chang, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan; [log in to unmask]
>> Ian McKay, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa; [log in to unmask]
>> R Shankar, Mangalore University, India; [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Submission Guidelines
>> Letters of submission should state that the manuscript is intended
>> for this special issue. Submissions must comply with JGE
>> guidelines, available at:
>>
>> http://www.nagt.org/nagt/jge/instructions.html

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Geoscience Education

Affiliations: Department of Geological Sciences, Division of Science
and Mathematics Education, Cognitive Science Program, Center for
Research on College Science Teaching and Learning