Call for Track Chairs
The EuroMed Academy of Business announces the
4th Annual EuroMed Conference (Proceedings ISI cited)
October 20-21st, 2011
Technological Educational Institute
of Crete, Greece
Agios Nikolaos Campus
Venue: Porto Elounda De Luxe Resort, Crete
1. Prof. Demetris Vrontis, Dean, School of Business, University of Nicosia, Cyprus and
2. Prof. Yaakov Weber, Chair Dept. of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, College of Management, Israel
Conference Chairs: Dr Evangelos Tsoukatos and Prof. Fotini Psimarni – Voulgaris, Department of Finance and Insurance, Technological Educational Institute of Crete, Greece
CALL FOR TRACK CHAIRS
The EuroMed Research Business Institute (EMRBI) solicits proposals for hosting specific tracks at the 4th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business. Please note that all papers and abstracts accepted will be published in the Book of Proceedings (with an ISBN number) which is approved for inclusion in ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index - an integrated index within Web of Science. This huge distinction is given only to the most significant conferences conventions worldwide that demonstrated high academic quality.
Prospective track chairs should submit a short description of subjects that will be included in their track. The proposed track should not be too general, but also not overly specialized, thus being able to attract a wide audience of people sharing similar interests. Proposals from industry are also welcomed.
All track proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Organizing Committee with respect to the above criteria. The committee reserves the right to: (1) accept the proposal as it is, (2) recommend merging of similar proposals with a considerable overlap, (3) reject the proposal.
Upon acceptance of a proposal, the track chairs will be notified of the timetable and related responsibilities. The deadline for track proposal submission is 15th of February, 2011. The acceptance of track proposals will be announced before the end of February, 2011.
We expect all Track Chairs to start the review process at the end of April and complete it by end of May 2011. Upon receiving all reviews, the track chairs are responsible to send them timely to the Conference Organizing Committee together with their recommendation on whether the paper should be accepted or rejected.
Track chairs will get a specific schedule for accomplishment of the review process. They will be responsible, among other things, for:
- preparing the list of reviewers
- distributing papers/abstracts to reviewers with guidelines and evaluation forms (these will be provided by the EuroMed Academy of Business)
- make sure that the review forms are returned back to them on time
- following the reviews, the track chairs are required to provide for each paper/abstract their own accept/reject recommendation
- submitting all recommendations by end of May, 2011 (the specific date will be announced)
All proposals should be submitted electronically and in a Word.doc format only to Dr. Shlomo Tarba [log in to unmask]