Doctoral Student Pre-Conference Consortium

15th International Conference on Corporate Reputation, Brand, Identity and Competitiveness:

Navigating the Reputation Economy

Tuesday, 17 May 2011, 1000-1600 (10am-4pm)

The Roosevelt New Orleans, New Orleans, USA

We welcome doctoral students to apply to the pre-conference consortium of the 15th International Conference on Corporate Reputation, Brand, Identity, and Competitiveness. The consortium aims to provide doctoral students with an opportunity to discuss their research on these topics with senior academics and to build relationships with other students from around the world. Since the consortium was first offered in Copenhagen in 2000, we have offered a high student-faculty ratio of 3:1. We encourage participants to present original material in its developmental stages. In particular, we especially seek to help doctoral candidates develop their dissertation research in this forum. That is, we want to help you refine your research questions, strengthen your theoretical arguments, and improve your research design in a discussion format. If you wish to present your research, then please apply to the regular conference. All pertinent perspectives, topics and methodological approaches are welcome. Junior faculty candidates interested in this research domain are also welcome to participate, space permitting.

Consortium participants are required to submit a research abstract by 1 March 2011. The abstract should present the research question you are asking, the theories and methods you plan to use to address the research question, and the contribution you expect your findings to make to knowledge in the field. The Consortium Committee will review submitted abstracts and provide developmental suggestions. Your final abstract should include your theoretical context, focused research questions, and a proposed research design. Approved abstracts will be circulated to all participants in early May. Each participant will be asked to prepare a written critique of two abstracts before the conference. During the consortium, each participant will have 20-30 minutes to discuss their proposal with fellow students and experienced faculty researchers from around the world.

To pre-register, contact the Consortium Committee via email ([log in to unmask]) and include a provisional title for your abstract and your University affiliation. We will accommodate registrants on a first-come, first-serve basis. The deadline for registering is 30 March 2010. Abstracts must be submitted by that date, or your reserved space will be released. The consortium is limited to 16 participants to ensure everyone of quality participation. To be fair, a person can only participate in the consortium once, so you should use your best judgment in choosing which year to participate.

Further details on the conference can be found at

http://www.reputationinstitute.com/neworleans2011#t1

SPONSORSHIP: Thanks to generous sponsorship, Reputation Institute will cover the cost of registration for the conference for all consortium participants, which includes meals, materials, and a special dinner event. Participants are responsible for booking their hotel room, other travel expenses, and fees.