Has anyone attended this conference in the past or worked with this group?  Feedback would be appreciated.  Thank you. Chris

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 2011 National Conference on Minority Graduate Student Recruitment
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:36:21 -0500 (EST)
From: Margaret Gale <[log in to unmask]>
To: Chris Anderson <[log in to unmask]>, Jackie Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>

Chris/Jackie,

Have either of you worked with this group?  I went to their website and they also recruit faculty (or develop ways of recruiting minority faculty).

Peg
Graduate Admissions Professionals,

Please join us for the 2011 National Conference on Minority Graduate Student Recruitment in Chicago, IL from June 12th - June 14th at the Marriott Chicago Midway.

The conference will examine comprehensive methods of locating, recruiting and retaining qualified minority applicants for graduate programs. Session topics, as well as the entire guest speaker list, will be available on the conference page at www.theacademicnetwork.or g in late December. Tentative discussion topics are already listed. Several nationally recognized speakers have confirmed their participation.

Registration is $325 per person (includes meals provided during the conference and workshop materials). Payment is accepted by credit card or check.

A negotiated rate of $119 per night for conference attendees (evenings of June 12th, 13th and 14th) has been established at the Marriott Chicago Midway. Reservation block will be available under "The Academic Network" beginning December 1st.

Seating is limited, so we encourage early registration. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

Dr. Sonel Shropshire, President
The Academic Network, Inc.
2010 West Avenue K # 646
Lancaster, CA 93536-5229