We use Steady State in our labs (for XP). However Microsoft is discontinuing the product and we're going to go to using Deep Freeze. The scale at which we're operating goes a bit farther beyond the scope of the inherent controls offered by AD and Windows interaction. I may see if we can use our large purchase numbers to get better pricing for other units on campus but we're in the very early stages of that process. If any of you folks are currently using deep freeze I can keep you posted on our progress.

David Beaudoin

Team Leader, Classroom Software
Academic Technology Services
Michigan State University