Hello, Fellow Listers:

I am seeking seed from Longfellow Flint Corn, approximately 10 pounds.

Longfellow is a 9-row field corn, which became a component in the development of several excellent Upper Peninsula Experiment Station hybrids, such as Nothstine Dent.  It was supposedly developed for the U.P., but anecdotes about "Indian"corn, and New England origin are also found.  It is excellent feed, and also makes a good corn meal for cornbread.

The years we have grown it in the Western U.P., drydown in the field has been  great.

Thanks,
-sue

Calumet, Michigan
If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html