Note please....while the notice below indicates my farm is certified,
it is not at the moment.  I continue to follow all organic principles
and practices, however can not afford the expense of certification at
this time.  I earn most of my income off farm and support my farm
with this income.  (letter P messed up on my keyboard and is missed
sometimes.)

Don Dunklee

>>  mber 14, 2010) Consumer Trends featuring Allen Williams,
>> Tallgrass Beef and Kerry Smith, USDA Ag Marketing Services.
>>
>> Session 2: (January 11, 2011) Meat Inspection, Beef Carcass
>> Breakdown, and Value Beef Cuts featuring Jeannine Schweihofer, MSUE.
>>
>> Session 3: (February 8, 2011) Introduction to Beef Quality
>> Terminology & Beef Pricing featuring Jeannine Schweihofer, Kevin
>> Gould, and Jerry Lindquist MSUE. What are they looking for?
>> Michigan Packer Panel
>>
>> Session 4: (March 15, 2011) Producer Success Stories:
>>
>> Kentucky Cooperative – Bob Perry, University of Kentucky
>> Michigan Beef Producers Selling Direct – PanelResources for
>> Producers: An Introduction to the MSU Product Center - Brenda
>> Reau, MSUE
>> Host Sites Include (For more details http://beef.msu.edu/):
>>
>> Lapeer County MSUE
>> St. Joseph County MSUE
>> Gladwin County MSUE
>> Lake City MSU Experiment Station
>>  Ionia Interm School District
>> Monroe County MSUE
>> Delta County MSUE
>> Ontanogan County
>> Personal Computer - Your Location
>> How to Register: Registrations due December 7, 2010. Cost: $15/
>> session or all 4 sessions for $50. No refunds available after
>> December 7. Print off registration form at http://beef.msu.edu/.
>> Send Registrations to: Carla McLachlan1290 Anthony Hall, East
>> Lansing, MI 48824.
>>

>> Creating Michigan Culinary Destinations, Michigan's First
>> Conference on Culinary Tourism
>>

>> When: January 10, 2011
>>

>> Where: Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, East Lansing, MI
>>

>> Why: "Foodies" often plan their travel experiences around
>> authentic, educational and entertaining food and beverage
>> experiences. Come learn how you can tap into the growing Culinary
>> Tourism segment of the travel market. The conference will provide
>> opportunities to interact and form partnerships among food
>> producers, chefs, restaurateurs, visitor bureaus, wineries,
>> breweries, tour operators, hotels, and others wanting to market
>> their business as a culinary destination. Lunch speaker: Ari
>> Weinzweig, CEO and co-founding partner of Zingerman’s in Ann
>> Arbor, MI.
>>

>> How: Early Registration Rate is $50 ($75 after Dec. 22) and
>> includes continental breakfast, lunch and a closing reception.
>> Registration is limited to 150 registrants. Visit http://
>> www.michiganwines.com/CulinaryTourism for conference details and
>> online registration.) 677-0503, F
>>
>> ax: (734) 677-2407
>>

>> Midwest Fruit IPM Course for consultants, extension agents and
>> NRCS staff
>>
>> In-depth course offered to train new Fruit IPM coaches and
>> consultants to fill a growing need in the Midwest. Please read the
>> brochure for the Midwest Fruit IPM Course scheduled to begin
>> January 2011 for more information. Seeking participants who can
>> attend four sessions.

> [...]

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html