Hi Frank,
You bring up some good points. Another respondent suggested that we (or whoever) should create an open-license lab manual along with an open-license digital textbook. Part of the materials you have developed sound perhaps more along the lines of the lab manual. Or as learning exercises that could go with either the digital textbook or the lab manual. It is common to hear that these online text and lab and learning exercise resources should be packaged in the form of modules.

Getting students to start with, and in the end go back to, their own local geological setting would be important pedagogically, I agree. That would take some thinking about. Yes, it would be good to talk – after December 1? I seemed to be overbooked until then. Or else this coming Thursday afternoon or the following Tuesday afternoon.

--Ralph

Ralph Dawes
Earth Sciences
Wenatchee Valley College