WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY, Winona, MN

Winona State University invites you to join our Community of Learners as an Assistant Professor of Geoscience.  This position is a probationary (tenure-track) appointment starting in August of 2011.  As an Assistant Professor, you will be responsible for teaching undergraduate geoscience courses in historical geology, sedimentology and stratigraphy as well as introductory geology courses for science and non-science majors.  Additional duties will include advising and mentoring majors in Geoscience and Earth Science Teaching and supervising faculty-student research.  If you possess an earned doctorate in geosciences from an accredited institution (in hand by August 2011) with an emphasis in one or more of the following areas:  Sedimentology, Stratigraphy, Paleontology, or Science Education as applicable to classroom teaching and research, we encourage you to apply.   For additional information, please go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/winona/default.cfm.  Review of applications begins 11/25/10.  Position available pending budgetary approval.   AA/EOE.

Jennifer L.B. Anderson, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Geoscience
Winona State University
Pasteur 128, (507) 457-2457