Begin forwarded message:

From: "Colleen Megowan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: November 4, 2010 12:05:35 PM GMT-07:00
To: "NARST Discussion List" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [narst] position announcement at Arizona State University

Assistant/Associate Professor
Science Education
Arizona State University’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College is dedicated to building the future of education within one of the largest and most innovative teacher preparation programs in the nation. We serve more than 5,000 students across four ASU campuses in the Phoenix metropolitan area, and at partner school districts statewide and online. The College is a recognized leader in cultivating mutually beneficial partnerships and using innovative technology to prepare excellent teachers and school leaders who apply evidence-based knowledge that positively impacts students, families, and the community.
Teachers College offers rigorous undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Our College is dedicated to supporting our faculty members so they can provide excellent instruction to our students and pursue bold scholarship that is changing the face of education. Our award-winning faculty members are recognized for master teaching by the university, community organizations, national and international organizations.
Mary Lou Fulton Teacher College is taking a leadership role in teacher education through expansive on-site professional preparation through school partnerships and by generating an integrative curriculum designed to meet the needs of our 21st century PreK-12students.
Minimum Qualifications:
 an earned doctorate in science education, the sciences, or a closely related field,
 a record of scholarly accomplishment appropriate to stage in academic career,
 demonstrated performance or potential in obtaining external funds,
 science teaching experience at the elementary, secondary, or college level, and
 a strong background in science subject matter as well as in science education.

Desired qualifications:
 substantial experience in elementary or secondary teacher education,
 the ability to establish a nationally recognized research program in science education that will attract external funding,
 the potential to develop strong collaborative ties with disciplinary departments across campuses,
 experience working with K-12 schools and teachers in various professional development activities, and
 Relevant areas of research include but are not limited to teaching, learning, and curriculum development in the sciences; development and assessment of preservice and inservice teachers’ subject matter knowledge in science; and development and assessment of preservice and inservice teachers’ pedagogical content knowledge for science teaching.

Application Deadline and Procedures
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in .doc or PDF format:
1. A letter of application in which you describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
2. Complete curriculum vitae
3. The names and contact information of three references

to [log in to unmask] , Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ.
Application deadline is December 15, 2010; if not filled, every two weeks thereafter until search is closed. The appointment begins August 16, 2011.

Arizona State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. For a complete statement of ASU’s non-discrimination statement, refer to https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.

Colleen Megowan-Romanowicz PhD
Assistant Professor of Science Education
Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College
Arizona State University
Director, The Modeling Institute, CRESMET
480-727-7074

---

You are currently subscribed to narst as: [log in to unmask].