Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Jes" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: November 11, 2010 6:03:14 PM GMT-05:00
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: [CLN Members] PhD Fellowship in Climate Change Education
>
> Please forward to interested students-
>
> K-12 Climate Change Education using NASA Data Sets
>
> The Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory at Colorado State University
> seeks a highly motivated
> Ph.D. student to join an interdisciplinary team of scientists and
> educators on a
> project to strengthen K-12 teaching and learning about global
> climate change using
> NASA Earth system data. We are collaborating with the Poudre and
> Greeley-Evans
> School Districts in Northern Colorado to prepare teaching modules
> that introduce
> students to climate change issues at local to regional scales and
> provide them with the
> information they need to explore the ideas on their own. We will be
> applying place-based
> and learning progression education philosophies to address global
> change issues
> and employing them with the use of geospatial data in classroom
> settings.
>
> A Graduate Research Assistantship is available for a Ph.D. student
> to serve as the
> primary liaison between teachers and researchers, and to provide
> technical expertise. The
> student will conduct an independent research project within the
> context of the broader
> project goals.
>
> We seek a well-qualified and self-motivated student with interests
> in global change
> education and interdisciplinary research. An M.S. degree or
> substantial experience in
> geography, landscape ecology, geophysics, or some aspect of remote
> sensing is preferred.
> To apply, send the following information by email to Kim Melville-
> Smith: 1) a cover
> letter outlining your research and educational interests and
> experience, 2) a detailed CV,
> and 3) contact information for at least 2 academic referees. Members
> of underrepresented
> groups are encouraged to apply. Graduate student stipend and resident
> tuition fees are available for 3 year, subject to satisfactory
> progress in both coursework
>

> Jessica Leigh Thompson, PhD
> Assistant Professor, Human Dimensions of Natural Resources
> Warner College of Natural Resources
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins, CO 80523
> 970.491.2801 (office)
> 801.598.9733 (cell)

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Geoscience Education

Affiliations: Department of Geological Sciences, Division of Science
and Mathematics Education, Cognitive Science Program, Center for
Research on College Science Teaching and Learning